Friday, September 12, 2008

My family vacation
By Eric Gibbons
When I was in fifth grade I went on a vacation to Florida to Orlando. When I was there we went to all of the amusement parks and had a blast. We also went to a cool place called the Gator Farm, it had all of these alligators the lived there, and they had some big gators. We went to a gift shop that had these baby gator heads that died when they were born, and they were really cool, and it was a cool souvenir, we were also chased by a hurricane Wilma.
I think the most fun amusement park was Disney World, because it had a lot of fun rides that I could do. But some of them I was to short because I was only eleven years-old so I was kind of small at the time. But I had a lot of fun with my cousins even though they couldn’t go on most of the rides because they are so small in height. The funniest ride I went on was the Guitar. The best thing was that it was nice weather there so we didn’t have to worry about bad weather.
When we went to the Gator Farm there was a lot of alligators, and there was some pretty big ones. It was pretty scary because one of them came on the fence and tried to get out, so it was pretty scary. But it was cool learning about how they got their and why they are their. It was fun to feed the gators because when they bite down it makes a big pop sound.
When we went to this gator shop they had these little baby gator heads that died when they where born. They decided to put them on display because they wanted to let people see what a really baby gator looks like up close without getting bitten. I didn’t buy one but my cousin did so every time I go to his house I can see it and it brings back a lot of memories. The thing that is cool it that the whole thing is completely real and not fake.
When we were leaving there was a hurricane that same day, the hurricanes name was Wilma. So when we took off it was really windy and rainy so the pilot didn’t really know where he was going so he had to rely on all of his gadgets. The good thing we got of the hurricane and we got to Dallas, Texas safely but there was a really bad storm there to. When we landed we couldn’t wait to get home when are plane took off we were really happy to get home. When we got home it was nice and hot and we were glad we were done with bad weather.
This family vacation was a pretty fun vacation as you can tell. I hope had as much fun reading this as I did writing it.

No comments: